Please note: Memberships are Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable.
The basic account features are:
- Access to text based information via the Elinks World WideWeb Browser) using a ssh terminal clientsuch as Putty.
- A personal E-mail address (one account per person only)
- Pine Text based e-mail via Pine using a ssh terminal client such as Putty.
- Web mail via Squirrel Mail using a graphical browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera etc.
- Access to newsgroups:
(TRN news reader client)(PINE news reader client)
- Uploading & Downloading:
- GoTo - User Specified URL
- Elinks Bookmarks:
- On-line "help" support (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Over the phone "help" support for the local dialling area (403-263-8080)
- Voting privileges at any Special and Annual General Meeting of Members
of the Calgary Community Network Association;
- Eligibility to run for election for a position on the Board of
Directors at any Annual General Meeting of the Members of the Calgary
Community Network Association;
- Eligibility to create and manage your own Home Page on the Calgary
Community Network computer system;
- Eligibility to become an Information Provider on the Calgary Community
Network computer system;*
* Member must be a subscriber to the Unlimited Dial-up option.
Remote dial-up access is not included in the basic Calgary Community Network
account. More information on Dial-up options can be found under the